Center Foundation

A community blog for members of Center Foundation and friends.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Chat Board

- rkstormer -

Hi all. I know this is weak for my first posting but I wanted to point out the little chat thingy we now have on the right of this blog page. Just enter your name and a message and submit. It works in real-time so it can be used for instant chat or a message board.

The idea is this gadget can be used for chatting (if multiple people are on the site) or just misc. witty banter that doesn't fit into a post/comment. I thought we'd see if such a thing would be used or not.

Let me know if you have any trouble with it or questions or have a burning desire to request additional emoticons.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger rkstormer said…

    I assume your not just talking about the chat gadget on the side.

    I aggree. I'd at least like for the site to highlight posts/comments that I have not read. I'm a little disapointed in blogger. I'm going to look into it a little.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger rkstormer said…

    Couldn't find a way to do this automatically, but I'm working on the problem! Should be able to code it so it will highlight stories with posts that you haven't read. I'm just stalled waiting for Maddog :D to figure out how cookies work (or rather why they don't on this blogger page). I'm looking into it.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger rkstormer said…

    Ok. I got it. The main page should mark posts with new comments now.

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger rkstormer said…

    Maddog, is there someway for the RSS feed thingy to notify you when there is a new post?

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger rkstormer said…

    If anybody wants to receive new posts (not comments) to this blog in an email when they are posted, I think I can set that up. Just let me know what address you want them to go to. (if you are using Fusemail you can set it up to automatically do this from the blog's RSS feed)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home