Center Foundation

A community blog for members of Center Foundation and friends.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Two months the charm...

Hey, all--

My apologies for not checking the blog more often. I hadn't realized it had been so long. I heard about Gin's wedding yesterday (!), and when I saw the blog, I found I haven't been around for over two months. But as usual (and Skip can testify to this), I have a good excuse... well, several excuses...

1. I accepted that new job in Shelbyville back in February. This involved moving from graduate school back home, then from home to temporary housing, then from temporary housing to a house in Shelbyville.
2. I purchased a new house in Shelbyville-- my mortgage payments were less than Chicago rent-- which involved a complicated process, purchasing needed items for the home, etc.
3. On top of all that, I proposed to Ginny...

Most of you know all of that, but that quick summary is important for my next three excuses...

4. I lost the new... well, old... job in Shelbyville. This is a somewhat of a comical story (maybe I convinced them to fire me?), but in short, the pastor and I were very different people.
5. I am now selling the new/old house in Shelbyville. This, of course, means that I have been moving out of the house and office.
6. Ginny and I are busily planning the wedding ceremony.

But if those excuses aren't enough...
7. I am looking for a new job (one interview and writing test already; two more interviews this week). I am primarily applying at Christian schools and publishing companies.
8. My internet connection dies about every 2 minutes, which makes web work almost impossible! :)

--------------------

That's all to say... I'll try to be around more often!! Check for my next post in a minute. (Just to prove my point.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home